After School PROGRAMS
K-5 After School Camp
Ages 5 – 11
- Green Park
- Edison (Wait List)
- Prospect Point
Pre-K After School Camp
Ages 4 – 5
- Center for Children & Families
Registration for After School Camp is OPEN!
$236.60/month, paid each month of the school year, which comes out to $14/program day.
If a child is enrolled full-time, we are unable to offer refunds for missed program days.
If you initially signed up for as-needed enrollment, but would like to switch to full-time,
please email Carly at email@example.com.
We cannot enroll your child until the required paperwork is completed on Playground.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ENROLLMENT
- Create a Playground account for your family. Select an enrollment option and your child’s school. Submit enrollment request.
- Camp Fire staff review and approve enrollment requests within 2 business days. Check your email for notifications about Playground’s convenient phone app, as well as requests to upload forms: registration (required), certificate of immunization (required), and financial aid application (optional).
- Camp Fire staff review uploaded forms, process a payment for $25 deposit, and schedule payment for tuition. For Full-Time Enrollment, the first automatic payment is processed on the 1st day of the month. For As-Needed Enrollment, payment is processed upon registration.
CAMP FIRE STAFF
Camp Fire staff members are carefully selected, background-checked, and trained. Our staff meet licensing standards set by the Washington State Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) and hold First Aid, CPR, and Food Handler certifications. Initial training and ongoing staff development focus on helping staff provide high-quality, developmentally-appropriate learning opportunities, guidance, and fun for our campers.
TYPICAL DAILY ROUTINE
School Dismissal: Students go to Cafeteria to sign-in
2:45 – 3:00 p.m. Table Activities (games, coloring, building blocks)
3:00-3:15 p.m. Group Circle Time (If warm weather- outside time)
3:15-3:45 p.m. Handwashing & Snack
3:45-4:15 p.m. Homework and Reading
4:15-4:45 p.m. Guided Activity (Craft, Science Experiment, etc.)
4:45-5:00 p.m. Group Game (Gym or Outside)
5:00-5:30* p.m. Free Time & Clean-Up
*Note: Late pick-up fee = $1 per minute per child picked up after 5:30pm.
A healthy snack is provided daily. With written notice from parents, Camp Fire will make a reasonable effort to accommodate kids’ food allergies or other dietary requirements. Kids are welcome to bring snacks from home.
The afternoon schedule typically provides about 20 minutes of focused and quiet time for kids
to work on homework or read. Staff will monitor, encourage, and offer help to kids during this time. However, campers are responsible for their own assignments. Kids who do not have homework are expected to read or participate in quiet activities during this time.
If school is cancelled or students are sent home early due to poor weather conditions, Camp Fire’s After School programs will also be canceled. If there is a two-hour morning delay, programs will run as normal.
Camp Fire After-School programs are licensed and accept state subsidy payments. For more information, click here to visit the Washington State Department of Children, Youth, & Families Subsidy Information page. Families registering with this option should register for full-time enrollment.
Thanks to grant funds and generous support from our donors, Camp Fire is also able to offer scholarships to families who need financial assistance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
Measuring Camp Fire’s impact
Every year, we work with Hatchuel Tabernik & Associates (HTA) to evaluate our program results, like:
- 94% of youth feel happy, heard, and supported in Camp Fire.
- 83% of youth said adults in Camp Fire encourage them to explore the things they are interested in.
- 82% of youth said adults in Camp Fire help them solve problems instead of telling them what to do.